Friday, November 7, 2008

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! And since my children attend school now and my husband works Monday thru Friday, it means something. We get to relax. The kids don't need to have clean uniforms for tomorrow. They don't need to go to bed early. All that great stuff. So as I'm pondering what we're going to do when Jonathan gets home I deliberate between these thoughts. "Should we go out to dinner and celebrate the termination of another exhausting week?" or "Should I do my duty as wife and stay at home mother and make something for dinner so that we can save a little money?" Both options sound good to me, but what really makes me hit the pots is the thought that there is something I want more than sitting while someone else serves me dinner. I would much rather go out to dinner in sunny Spain in January. Yes, we are planning a trip to Spain in late January and even just the thought motivates me like nothing else. Even if we end up not going at the last minute we will have a chunk of money like we've never had before. Enough money to eat out and be lazy and frivolous for at least a week. Wouldn't that be nice? Anyway, I made some yogurt and rice soup, a tortilla de patatas (courtesy of Spain), and chopped up some carrots sticks and green pepper. There we had it. Dinner on the table and afterwards we walked down to the water to look at old Istanbul from our side. The Asian side. Here are some pictures of our night.

I just had to add this one. For those of you who don't know Shermy, he doesn't usually look like this. He kind of looks like a puffy marshmallow. Maybe his recent haircut has something to do with it. I don't know. But me and Jonathan sure had a laugh at this one.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pics. Yeah for Spain. That sounds like so much fun. I wish we could meet you there.

Bean said...

I love your pictures! I wish I could go to Spain that would be so much fun.

Sonja said...

You are such a good mom. Hip hip hooray for Friday though. It is SO NICE to veg on night a week.
Your pictures are gorgeous and really make me want to come and be there with you RIGHT NOW! And Spain??
You're livin' the dream, girlfriend.

And we still miss you.

Aimee said...

But, have you been to Norway?

Sonnet said...

Hey girl...I love your pictures. You have a cute family! That is cool you get to be there!

Layla said...

I love the first picture of your family. It makes me feel all fuzzy and warm.