I've been tagged by my friend Aimee who's been going down the road less travelled lately. 7 random things about me. Hmmmmmm. . . let me think.
1. I was married in the LDS Oakland Temple because it was the first temple both me and my husband ever stepped foot in. We were actually in the same stake growing up but never really met until we ended up working in the same restaurant near our community college. Ahhhh . . . . . .memories.
2. I love fish but I do not love sea critters. On my mission I was served some kind of pasta dish with shrimp on top. I didn't know how I was supposed to eat them, so I just popped them in my mouth, closed my eyes, and chewed, tail and all. After finishing half my meal, I noticed everyone else's plate had a neat rows of tails lining the edge. Instead of accomplishing my goal of not offending the family, I certainly accomplished the task of making them think I was either crazy or starving.
3. The movie that has repeatedly made me laugh the most each time I watch it is "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds. Unfortunately, there's this nasty poster they show in it that I'm quite embarrassed about, but I wouldn't be being real if I didn't admit that I still love the movie despite that dang poster. The movie's protagonists are my age, went to high school when I did, sang the same songs I did, have brothers like mine, and have the same kind of mom I do. Not only do I identify with the protagonists but I love the movies where they go through a drastic inward change for the better. I hate this word but I find the protagonist quite sweet at the end.
4. If I had to choose to eat the same meal for the rest of my life, it would be gallo pinto from Costa Rica. It's rice and black beans with cilantro.
5. I need to buy new socks. I've needed to buy new socks for the last year. I think maybe next year's the year.
6. I have really bad teeth, meaning lots of cavities, freckles, thick fingernails, and I wear cowboy boots to church on a regular basis.
7. I'm trying the decide what to say to my almost 5 year old when he wants to drink poo drink (which is what our family calls Coca Cola or Pepsi). Can you guess why we've given it this name?
I'd love to read more from these peeps (meaning you're tagged).