Thursday, May 8, 2008











Yesterday my three boys, my mother, and I went to the island of Buyukada. It's one of a few islands in the Sea of Marmara. What I love about this island is that there are no cars on it. I don't have to worry about my kids getting hit by cars. I didn't really think about bikes and horses though. We survived. We took a bus to the port, a ferry to the island, a ferry back, and then a train back home. My mother was a super sporty grandma. She didn't beg for a taxi like usual. I felt so great that we managed it without Jonathan. I hate feeling unable to do those things on my own. Actually I can't do them on my own. My mother was a big help. I just feel good that I was able to show my mom a pretty place before she has to go home. Jonathan has very little time off and we are not always motivated to trek out to the Golden Horn to see the sights. It takes a buttload of time. (Excuse my language.)

Right now the latest drama in our lives is the conflict between my mom and Atticus over a can of cherry juice. They just can't be mature about it and take turns. (Refer to the picture of Atticus in tears.)








3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey I just made my blog private. If you want to be able to read it email me at srhanthony@yahoo.com.
Happy Birthday to Shermie!

Hillary said...

ohh...poor atticus!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. Hope Atticus is feeling better about the cherry juice incident.