Thursday, March 27, 2008

What more could I have done for my vineyard?


So, I'm not too great at making scripture study my priority, but before bed every night I walk by the TV and see them sitting there. I feel their stare. I decide that a few verses couldn't hurt anyone. Unfortunately, I've been getting closer and closer to Jacob 5 and I kind of dread it because where can you stop mid-chapter? Nowhere. There is just not a good place to stop. So I just start. We'll see how long I can go? The first page, the second, and I'm kind of rereading the verses because I'm a slacker at focusing. But I'm rereading the verses where the master is saying "What more could I have done for my vineyard?" But for me I begin to think, "What more can I do for my sweet little plump-cheeked cherubs that are sleeping soundly in their beds at this moment?" I feel like I'm supposed to be thinking more about them on a regular basis because my constant worry lately has been, "Are they getting enough?" Enough of everything. Sleep, good food, candy, playtime, education, love, religion, hugs, discipline, excersize, sun, fun, etc. "What more can I do for my vineyard?" At 11:30 PM what more can I do for my vineyard? The best thing for them would be for me to get some sleep so I'm not a monster in the morning. So I go to sleep and this morning I haven't forgotten my silent goal. The day goes well because I constantly ask myself over and over that same question. I hope I never forget it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great post! I love reading your thoughts.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonja said...

So very well said, Christine. I'm sure your vinyard will thrive under your care,

Sarah said...

What great incite to a wonderful scripture. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.