Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Who has ever made strawberry cake before?
Out of the people that read this blog I would predict that no one actually has attempted this.
My niece told her Aunt Robyn that she wanted a strawberry cake for her birthday cake. Most people take childrens' requests with a grain of salt. I probably would have made a chocolate cake and then placed a strawberry on top. But my aunt Robyn actually made a strawberry cake that had real strawberries in it and it was the BEST cake I have ever tasted.
I borrowed her recipe today and was thinking about what the world would be like if we granted every request we received from our children. We would take trips to the stars, ride trains from the den to their bedrooms, eat worms, dig to China (or Australia), invent a new song every night, never sleep, have detangler automatically dispensed from a comb while using it, and a trillion gazillion more wishes that I could never think of. I know we could not grant them all but at least we could listen to them. At least we could try. Aunt Robyn said, "Yes you can have a strawberry cake," and the world automatically became a better place.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! So happy to see you in blogland (and get more glimpses of your three princes!) Good luck in Turkey, can't wait to live vicariously through your adventures.