Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Mommy?......Mommy.....I want.......uh..uh...I want..........uh...........I want..............I want to sleep with my eyes open." -Atticus
It seems that Atticus takes after his father. Jonathan hates to sleep. (It's such a waste of time he says) Atticus would rather sleep with his eyes open. Why? Perhaps there is too much in life that he might miss if he were to close his eyes. I am the opposite. There is too much life teeming around me at light speed that any bit of shut eye is welcome. I should probably take Atticus' lookout on life and take everything in while I have the chance.
We are leaving for Istanbul in two and a half weeks. The countdown begins today. Jonathan has yet to find a job and I don't even know how to say "hello" in Turkish. Maybe by my next post we will have made some progress.

No comments: