Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I am one with the wind and sky!

I don't even know why I'm writing right now. It's really late and I have so much homework to do. I guess I just want to do what I want to do instead of what I have to do. Don't we all? There are so many have to's in life.
Our stay in LA is moving quickly by. Jonathan is working hard on his studies. I'm trying to keep my head above water with my school and kids. It's going well. Our poor van is slowly falling apart and as I watch this happen, I feel like my one faithful friend is growing old and there is nothing I can do about it. It's so wonderful to have a vehicle that I can fit all my children in comfortably. I can even throw a whole bunch of extra stuff in the trunk. I love the van. We've only had it for four years but I've driven it so much. It's gone over 30,000 miles in these past four years. I've taken it so many places with my kids without Jonathan that I sometimes feel like my van is my true partner. In a way, a vehicle can be the perfect mate.
  • It takes you where you want to go.
  • It doesn't get mad at you when you make a wrong turn.
  • It's never too late or too early to take a trip.
  • It's energy can be replenished very simply.
  • You don't actually have to talk to it to make it feel validated.
  • It keeps you warm and dry when its raining or cold outside.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I love my van and I'm sort of sad that it can't go and go and go forever. It needs some serious love. Air conditioning, windows that roll down, locks that unlock so you can get out of the doors, armrests, and a sliding door that doesn't get jammed when you try to open it. How much will this cost? I don't know, but whenever I go to a beautiful place, I'm just so d*@# grateful that I have that van and I realize I would sacrifice a lot to fix it up. So, when I finally get my Masters in Education and I can start teaching, I will pay to have those things fixed. 
Yesterday, we drove to the most beautiful, well actually maybe one of the top three most beautiful panoramic viewpoints I've ever seen in my life. I've seen a lot of beautiful places in my life, and this was one of them. I will not divulge the spot because then it will be spoiled. But if you ever visit me while I'm still in LA, I will take you there. Hector and Helen and I just sang the Frozen "Let It Go" song out there on the edge of the world where no one could hear us, except for Jonathan and 'the brothers' as Hector and Helen call them. The wind was blowing our hair all around and we threw our hands in the air and sang our hearts out. I felt so happy that I wasn't stuck in front of a computer screen doing homework. Yuck!
      "Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and sky!"

This is not the panoramic view I was referring to before.

1 comment:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Pretty pic of you! Sounds like things are going well in CA.