Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hair cuts

The words just don't flow anymore. I used to blog all the time. Now I rarely sit down at the computer unless I'm shopping for something specific. When I do sit down to blog, I stare at the screen and think too much about what I should write. Most of the time I give up after a few minutes. Tonight I should go up to my room and read Wuthering Heights and sip my cold apple juice. Not yet. I have to write about something I did today. I got a haircut at one of those hairstyling schools for "cute young gals" as my father-in-law would say. And, I correct myself, sometimes there are men who study there, and there are even young gals who aren't so cute just because they are either too colorful, too metallic, or both. My hair is very long and its getting really boring, and since I hardly ever do anything with it, I figured I should have it cut. I had the young lady trim it, give it tons of layers, and even cut some bangs. I haven't had bangs since I was in high school and that was bad. I should have remembered my elementary school years and how my bangs took the form of the northwestern quadrant of the globe. Well, I did it again except this time my bangs are all spikey and I look like a witch. There's nothing wrong with my hair. It's my face, I think. I'm not young anymore, so after this experience I have decided that next time I go in for a haircut, I'm going to chop quite a bit off. And I'm letting the bangs grow out! I don't need to look like a witch to be one. My kids know that. My back is starting to ache from sitting down so long in that salon chair. Part of it had to do with the fact that my pants are way too tight. I've still got 15 lbs. of baby weight to lose. And part of it had to do with the fact that I was sitting there for 3 and a half hours! Never again! I'm going to read my book and then fall asleep. Good night! And hopefully I won't cry literal tears during nightmares of rear-ending a car in front of me at a stoplight in Newport Beach. Very weird.

No comments: