Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mayflower Menu


Oats for breakfast. Hardtack or ship's biscuit for lunch. Peas porridge and fish for dinner. Sound good?



Mixed responses all around the table. Let me just tell you right now, I am sooooo sick of cheese. Shermy wouldn't finish his oatmeal this morning but he's wolfing down the hardtack. Probably because they are in the shape of hearts. No one would touch the peas porridge willingly except for Grandma and me. Jonathan looked like he was going to gag. He thinks mushy peas have the consistency of p@*(. Gosh I'm glad I wasn't on the Mayflower. Gosh I'm glad I don't have to eat bread full of maggots and weevils. Atticus said he was grateful for that too.

"It's working!" I scream in my head. My kids will be so grateful at Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am so grateful now. I'm having a hard time sticking to my goal of not eating anything they didn't have on the Mayflower. Jonathan and Grandma went out shopping tonight and left me home alone. Aaaaahhh! The sweets, or even a cup of yogurt sounds so delicious right now. Will I resist? Would you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! What a great idea, although no one in our family would go for it. If it were me I would totally splurge and eat some real food if I were alone. But then again, I always have my secret stashes of candy that I eat after the girls have gone to bed.

LJBohman said...

I think you are so cool. I really look up to you, you should know that. I love your posts and I love your thinking and I love your interests.

LJBohman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.