Sunday, March 21, 2010

Crabs














It's starting to get hot here. It's not that blasting burning heat that was here when we arrived in July last year, but we can easily foresee it coming soon so we are trying to get out and do a few more outdoor things before it's impossible. Last weekend we went to Al Wakra beach. Definitely not the most beautiful beach in Qatar but it's close by. As you can see in the photo below, the water has gone down considerably since our last time here. It was Hector's first time to the beach. He didn't like it very much. He preferred the car. We are so grateful we got a minivan. So most of the time Jonathan or I just sat in the car with him. He didn't like the wind.
Jonathan is a mighty crab hunter. Every time we go to the beach I get out my trusty bucket and go look for wildlife. We've graduated from hunting little hermit crabs to bigger ones. I'm too scared to even touch a crab. I scream like a girl. My boys think its hilarious that I can scream uncontrollably when I see a crab scurry across the sand in front of me. Here's a picture of me. I think it describes my life perfectly right now. Poopy diapers, spit up all over my shirt, and a comb in hand trying to untangle my boys' hair.
If I don't post this soon, I never will. So much for writing something profound and witty.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pic of you. That is such a "mom" picture!

Sonja said...

Ok, but see, that was profound and witty.

At least I thought so.

Gosh your crew is growing big.
And, by the way, they were all out of tickets to Quatar. Otherwise we WOULD HAVE come.

Please say you'll come to Sandy. You can never have too much sand.
Pretty please?

Taranani said...

Hahahahaha, that one needs to be framed and hung in your kids rooms' so when they are teenagers, they will remember to be grateful for such an awesome Mom!