I've been a slacker lately in everything. There are always so many things floating around in my head that I intend to do but I never get around to it. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself. At least we had Family Home Evening tonight. Here are the main things that I'm always thinking about.
1. A few months ago I found a blog by a mother who teaches Spanish to her three daughters. Through her blog I found other mothers who were doing the same thing. I was so inspired to start speaking Spanish again with my kids but I just can't bring myself to do it. I know they still understand Spanish, at least my older two, but I know it will be a while, a long while before they start speaking to me again in Spanish. I have to find the right moment. Doesn't that sound like a lame excuse? I might as well set a goal and tell you all about it in a post so I'll feel committed. Maybe tomorrow.
2. My calling at church. I have so many ideas and things I want to do in our branch. I'm the Home, Family and Personal Enrichment Counselor. I could complain about the obstacles, but I won't. I love being in this branch. It really is such a blessing for me to be a part of it right now.
3. Cooking. I'm not the best cook. I can follow a recipe though. I really admire those moms who rotate the same recipes over and over again every two weeks or so. I wish I had that many recipes that I liked and my family liked. I fully intend to implement this plan because I really take too much time thinking about what I'll cook everyday. It really takes away from other things I should be doing, like blogging for instance :)
4. Spring reading. I am supposed to be reading all these books for the next few months but I got stuck on the second one and am disenchanted with the whole thing. Maybe I should shuffle around the book order. Yeah, that's what I'll do.
5. Read to the kids more. Teach the kids more. Play more games with the kids. Etc. Etc. Etc.
So there's the contents of my brain right now. I hope I can tackle at least one of these this week and make my life a little easier. Wish me luck!