Friday, September 14, 2007

Can you blend sexy and spiritual?

Okay LDS friends,
I saw this on the news this morning. First, I laughed. Then, I decided that I'm going to have to explain even more than ever that some Mormons bend the rules and some stick to them. I could go on and on about the slight anger I feel but I won't. Here's a link to an article written about it:
http://thenaughtyamerican.com/News/Sex/258.html
What popped into my head when they suggested a mixing of sexy and spiritual was that cheesy movie "Raising Helen" where she dates a preacher and he tells her during a romantic moment, "I'm a sexy man of God". If any guy ever said that to me I would try to supress my laughter as much as I could. I just don't think loving God was meant to be described as sexy. I guess every member has their own ideas on how we should spread the Word. What do you think friends?

2 comments:

Sunny said...

The things people do for a kick! I'll take lots of notes in Chile, don't worry. Can't believe you guys leave in just a few more days. Good luck!

Me and them said...

Oooh boy. Christine, you know I could rant for about 5 hours about this. It's pathetic...and I'm just going to leave it at that.
BUT..I think YOU"RE great and best wishes on the trip! We'll be thinking about you!
Much love!
Sonja